Nintendo DS continues to achieve milestone after milestone. As the fastest-selling video game system in the world, Nintendo DS now is in the hands of more than 10 million consumers in the Americas. Since launching in November 2004, nearly nine Nintendo DS or DS Lite portable game systems have sold -- every 60 seconds.
"More than 5 million people joined the ranks as Nintendo DS owners in America last year alone," says Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. "And right now, they're all saying the same thing -- 'give me more!' Fortunately, no matter your taste or experience in gaming, that's exactly what we're supplying in the months to come."
Following a year in which Nintendo DS taught the world to play in new ways, the planet's most popular video game device will school the cash-fisted buyers in the early months of 2007. Before March ends, Nintendo will send Diddy Kong racing, obscure Wario in a series of disguises, challenge you to pimp your robo and lure the most daring into the dimmest room at Hotel Dusk. In all, 20 new DS games will launch in the United States in the first three months of 2007.
The full list by launch month:
- Hotel Desk: Room 215 (Nintendo)
- Arthur & the Invisibles (Atari)
- Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Justice for All (Capcom)
- Fossil League DTC (D3Publisher)
- Diddy Kong Racing DS (Nintendo)
- Lunar Knights (Konami)
- F24 Stealth Fighter (Majesco)
- Disney’s Kim Possible: Global Gemini (Buena Vista)
- Meteos: Disney Magi (Buena Vista)
- Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 (Konami)
- Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja (Atlus)
- Wario: Master of Disguise (Nintendo)
- Custom Robo Arena (Nintendo)
- Disney’s Herbie: Rescue Rally (Buena Vista)
- Disney’s Meet the Robinsons (Buena Vista)
- Spectrobes (Buena Vista)
- Steel Horizon (Konami)
- Cake Mania (Majesco)
- Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (D3Publisher)