Fire officials say a kitchen stove rangetop left on and unattended is the most likely cause of a fire that damaged a home in northwest Bend, Oregon Wednesday night.
According to Bend Fire engineer Patricia Connolly, firefighters responded to an alarm at 314 NW Hill Street shortly before 9 p.m., December 5.
|Location of fire: 314 NW Wall St. - Bend, Oregon|
Firefighters found the single-story home filled with smoke and soot, and said the kitchen stove ignited the overhead cabinets and other material around the stove. A water extinguisher was used to put out the fire, and no injuries were reported.
The home, owned by Travis Yamada and occupied by Alyssa Reischauer, sustained an estimated $15,000 in damages with an additional $10,000 in damage to the contents, Connolly said. The structure, valued at $250,000, was insured, she added.