Bend man arrested for DUII in three-vehicle crash
by Richard Burton II
BEND, Ore. -– A 27-year old Bend man driving with a suspended license and without insurance was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence of intoxicants late Monday morning after his pickup slammed into traffic stopped at a red light on the Bend Parkway, police reported.
|Joseph Michael Robbins – DCJ photo |
|Robbins’ pickup slammed into a car on the Bend Parkway causing a chain reaction with a third vehicle involved – BPD photo |
About 11:48 a.m., February 23, Joseph Michael Robbins’ 2004 Chevrolet pickup was traveling south on the Bend Parkway near Powers Road when it crashed into the rear of a vehicle driven by Alice F. Wilson, 59, Bend Police Sgt. Ron Taylor said. In a chain reaction, the severe impact pushed Wilson’s vehicle into another vehicle causing Wilson’s airbags to deploy. The third driver was identified as David H. Meier, 67.
Wilson suffered minor facial lacerations and abrasions but wasn’t transported to the hospital by ambulance, Taylor said. Her vehicle was not drivable following the crash and was towed from the scene.
Robbins was cited for fourth-degree assault and reckless driving, and was lodged in the Deschutes County Jail for DUII after he was evaluated at St. Charles Medical Center. His pickup was impounded, the sergeant said.
2770 times read
Did you enjoy this article?
(total 112 votes)
- He was released from jail on Bond. His Bond was set at $12,500 - So the loser is already back on the streets. (Posted on February 26, 2009, 3:47 pm sdfd)
- In a rambling and mostly incoherent post on Z21's website - since deleted - he expressed remorse (BFD) but then blamed his girlfriend Felicia and then turned around and asked for her forgiveness. Robbins also professed to be an "upstanding guy". Upstanding, yeah, right. Under the influence of drugs or alcohol before noon, crashed endangering and injuring others, driving without a license, and without insurance. Just the type of "upstanding guy" we ALL want to emulate - ha.
(Posted on February 26, 2009, 10:47 am Bend Native)
- KARMA SUCKS YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF RAT SH!T. (Posted on February 25, 2009, 9:19 pm GESO ONE)
- DUII drivers suck. I don't care if they risk their own lives, but they risk the lives of others! I hope the driver got a nice mouthful of steering wheel, too. That way, everybody wins. (Posted on February 25, 2009, 6:31 pm ;))
- Thats a dangerous intersection period. Didnt 3 kids get killed there last year? ODOTMA should build a stimulus bridge over Powers for Parkway traffic. The kid should thank god nobody was killed. (Posted on February 25, 2009, 5:07 pm Guest)
- When are these drunk driving idiots going to learn? It should be a mandatory 1 yr in jail, and suspension of your license for 5 yrs on a first offense. (Posted on February 24, 2009, 11:22 pm JJ)