Poll: Today's Live Poll
Do you approve of the job President Obama and his administration are doing so far?
: Local News
: Calif. father connected with fatal hit-and-run found dead
Calif. father connected with fatal hit-and-run found dead
by Cheryl McDermott
Bend Police have confirmed that a California man connected with the fatal hit-and-run death of a Bend bicyclist on Third Street near Powers Road last month has been found dead in a local motel.
George Harold Goodson, a 51-year old San Diego resident, was found deceased by an employee of the Westward Ho Motel at 904 SE Third Street on Sunday. No further details were available due to the ongoing investigation.
|George Harold Gooson (inset) - DCJ photo |
Goodson and his son Christopher, 22, were to appear in court this week in connection with the April 17 early morning collision that killed 41-year old Kimberly Ann Potter – a scene described by Bend Police Captain Jim Porter as “horrific”.
The father was accused of hindering prosecution in connection with the hit-and-run, and first-degree attempted aggravated theft. Captain Porter reported that George Goodson falsely reported his 2000 Mercedes Benz stolen with plans to defraud his insurance company. The vehicle, allegedly driven by his son and the vehicle that struck Potter, was later found torched on China Hat Road.
5033 times read
Did you enjoy this article?
(total 250 votes)
- idk who chris is but i know that none of you ******* have the right to talk ***** like that about someone who made a shitty mistake.
hell, i've made ***** up mistakes too.
someone hit my brother while they were racing and killed him.
i didnt blame them i blamed my brother bcuz he was drinking and driving.
and this lady kim wasn't wearing any safety reflectors or w/e.
im not saying what they did was okay.
but all of you talking **** needa shut the **** up (Posted on October 5, 2007, 11:37 am littleone)
- WOW! YOU’RE JUST AS STUPID AS YOUR COCAIN DEALING MURDERING SON. NO LADY, THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN TO ME OR ANYONE ELSE I KNOW... IF I WAS TO HIT SOMEBODY WITH MY CAR, I CERTAINLY WOULDN'T PEEL THEM OFF MY BUMPER AND LEAVE THEM FOR DEAD. NOR, WOULD I THEN TRY TO COVER IT UP BY TORCHING MY CAR AND THEN ATTEMPT TO COMMIT INSURANCE FRAUD. I THINK YOUR HUSBAND DID THE WORLD A FAVOR BY KILLING HIMSELF QUITE FRANKLY. BOTH HE AND YOUR SON ARE THE LOWEST FORM OF SCUM. YOU AND YOUR BASTARD SON CAN ROT IN HELL WITH YOUR DEAD HUSBAND. (Posted on August 3, 2007, 1:00 am BENDEHO)
- LET ME START OFF BY SAYING IM SORRY TO ALL WHO LOST SOMEONE SPECIAL FROM THIS TRAGIC EVENT! THERES NO REASON TO TALK BACK AND FORTH ABOUT PUTTING EACH OTHER DOWN IT WONT CHANGE ANYTHING THAT HAS HAPPENED. I HOPE NOW THAT CHRIS CAN MAKE THINGS RIGHT WITH IN HIM SELF! IT COULD OF HAPPENED TO ANYONE OF US!!!! MY BOY CHRIS IS ALONE NOW WITH NO FATHER AND THE FACT THAT HE MAY OR MAYNOT HAVE TAKEN A WOMANS LIFE ON A OPEN ROAD, THAT IS ENOUGH FOR ANYONE TO FEEL LIKE , WELL, SHIT. I KNOW HE FEELS WHAT HE DID. I HOPE HE IS ABLE TO GET HIS LIFE TOGETHER WHEN HE IS RELEASED!!! AND I AM SORRY TO THE FAMILY OF THGE LOST WOMAN MAY PEACE BE WITH YOU ALL!!
LVNPROOF (Posted on June 22, 2007, 2:53 pm LVNPROOF)
- Chris, you did have the purest coke in all of Oregon..... Thank you for the great times. We will miss you dearly. (Posted on June 12, 2007, 11:22 am YAYOS)
- "Chris's Bodygaurd" - Is every one in your family illiterate or is it just you? It’s really sad to see adults your age struggle with bad grammar and composition. And speaking of "fags", have you spoken to Chris lately? I hear he finally found his new Daddy at the DCJ after whoring around for weeks. Those Cali Twinks are such sluts! (Posted on June 7, 2007, 10:54 pm Oregon_Hick)
- bottom line- when he hit her he had accidentally killed someone and it was a tragic, unintentional accident. but then when he peeled her body parts and remains off of his car, drove off, and continued to attempt to elude the police for days..it became murder. everyone from california keeps saying he is such a great person and i'm sure he is. but what bothers me is that his friends keep trying to say that he wasn't involved in drugs. don't try to say he wasn't involved in drugs- i know and everyone in bend knows for a fact that HE WAS, because he supplied it to many people here. bend isn't like california. its a small town...everyone knows everything. and everyone knew what he was here for- selling cocaine. hell look at the post just below mine! He may be a good person but he was mixed up with quite a few VERY shady people here in bend. and he did a very bad thing when he tried to get away with what happened. i am sorry for the loss of his father...that is horrible and the last thing chris needed. anyone who could say something like "at least one of them will be returning in a box" is must have no heart. wishing death on someone sure does show a lot about your character. (Posted on June 6, 2007, 10:02 am Bend)
- EVERY ONE KNOWS HE DIDNT DO IT ON PURPOSE...BUT NOW EVERY ONE HAS A OPINION....DONT EVEN KNOW CHRIS OR HIS PEOPLE OR THE WHOLE SITUATION....SO SHUT YALL MOUFS K....YALL PEOPLE IN OREGON ARNT GANGSTAS...HUSTLAS....DRUG DEALERS....THUGS...YALL ARE THE TWEAKER STATE OF THE U.S....AND I KNOW YOU FEEL TUFF WRITIN TUFF STUFF OVER THE INTERNET....HE WAS TRYIN TO HELP YALL STATE OUT BY SUPPLYIN YALL WITH THE PEAREST YAYO....CUZ EVERY ONE IN OREGON ARE FAGS THAT ARE TOO SCARED TO COME DOWN TO KALI AND GET IT YALL SELFS...CUZ YALL LIL WEENYS WILL GET ROBBED AND LEFT FOR NOTHIN.....SO NEXT TYME YOU WANNA TALK HEAD...EARN SOME STREET CRED FIRST K....THEN HOLLA WITH YALL BOONEY ASS STATE.... (Posted on June 2, 2007, 11:21 pm Chris's Bodygaurd)
- I enjoyed reading Bendeho's post and thought it was most appropriate. And as for the Oregonian "small town hicks", as Amber Renee calls us, I don't think we'd want to waste our time visiting the wannabe gangster trash in El Cajon. I lived in California for over 20 years, and believe me when I say that El Cajon is the armpit of the state. It looks like your great friends may have been drug dealers in addition to murderers. I wouldn't be surprised if one of your fellow Californian's put the hit on George. (Posted on May 25, 2007, 9:53 am Oregon_Hick)
- what the h***? r u people serious? it didnt say suicide u hicks probably killed him. who r u to say such horriable things about such a great person. i knew george very well and he was a great father. and 4 u to say ur happy about him going home in a box y dont u come to el cajon ca. and say some dumb sh** like that. we werent happy kim died so y r u happy he died. u ppl dont have nothing better to do in a small town xcept wish death on such great ppl that made a mistake. rest in peace george we love u (Posted on May 24, 2007, 8:36 pm amber renee)
- You are a horrible person. So you're happy one is returning home in a box? IF someone said they were happy kim returned home in a box you would be livid. Yes, George made mistakes, but he also has family. Family that cares about him. Family that is not glad he is returning home in a box. You are so quick to put hatred on someone for an accident, but you are happy to condone someone dying. It was not ruled suicide. So all the son has to ponder is being in jail completely alone. Go to h***. (Posted on May 17, 2007, 11:58 pm Family)
- At least one of them will be returning to California in a box. I also think the son should have been charged with murder. At least now he'll have his fathers suicide to ponder while serving time in an Oregon prison. Had he just stopped and called police, he probably would have just got a ticket. (Posted on May 16, 2007, 8:41 am BENDEHO)
- Your paper didn't report the cause of death. Was it suicide or murder? (Posted on May 16, 2007, 8:40 am Daryl)
- Good riddance to bad rubbish. Any responsible father, upon hearing that his son was involved in a hit-and-run accident would encourage his child to go to the police. NOT help him try to hide such a horrible event and then try to profit from it. The world is better off without him. (Posted on May 15, 2007, 10:18 am Deborah from Bend)