Weekly News via Email
   Set as homepage | Add to favorites | Customer Service | Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us | Sitemap Thursday, 04.17.2014
Classifieds
News Archive
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
 1  2
 3  4  5  6  7  8  9
 10  11  12  13  14  15  16
 17  18  19  20  21  22  23
 24  25  26  27  28  29  30
Online Extras
Site Services
Around Bend
Outdoor Fun
Travel Info
Shop Local




Members Of



Poll: Today's Live Poll
Email to a friend | Print this | PDF version | Comments (0 posted) 
  Blogger |   del.icio.us |   digg |   newsvine

Sep 03,2006
Bend Woman and Dog Unharmed in SW Bend Manufactured Home Fire
by Richard Burton

A southwest Bend manufactured home was severely damaged by a fire that may have started by candles left burning while the occupant napped, said officials.

Twelve firefighters were called to the home at 19835 Fox Hill Drive about 9:45 p.m. on Friday September 1 and found smoke and flames coming from the front and back windows. Quickly making an interior attack, crews were able to contain the fire to the living room and kitchen areas.

Barbara Haley awoke to the smell of smoke and left the residence with her dog.  She suffered minor smoke inhalation, according to Bend Fire Battalion Chief Bill Boos.

The manufactured home suffered an estimated $30,000 damage, with an additional $20,000 to contents.  The home was insured.

The cause of the fire is under investigation. “At this point we don’t know if the candles contributed to the fire,” said Boos.

It was undetermined if the smoke alarms were functioning properly.  Bend Fire reminded everyone to check their smoke detectors once a month, to ensure they are in good working order.

1634 times read

Related news
Cigarette sparks NW Bend house fire by Cheryl McDermott posted on Feb 19,2007

Cigarette ashes spark garage fire in NE Bend home by Cheryl McDermott posted on May 07,2007

Roosevelt Avenue Blaze Caused by Extension Cord by Cheryl McDermott posted on Jul 25,2006

Candle Blamed for West Linn House Fire by Bend_Weekly_News_Sources posted on Jan 21,2008

Unattended Candle Cause of SE Bend Double-Wide Manufactured Home Fire by Bend Weekly News Sources posted on Sep 15,2006

Did you enjoy this article? Rating: 5.00Rating: 5.00Rating: 5.00Rating: 5.00Rating: 5.00 (total 24 votes)

Market Information
Breaking News
Most Popular
Most Commented
Featured Columnist
Horoscope Guide
Aquarius Aquarius Libra Libra
Aries Aries Pisces Pisces
Cancer Cancer Sagittarius Sagittarius
Capricorn Capricorn Scorpio Scorpio
Gemini Gemini Taurus Taurus
Leo Leo Virgo Virgo
Local Attractions
Bend Visitors & Convention Bureau
Bend Visitors & Convention Bureau

Mt. Bachelor Resort
Mt. Bachelor Resort

Les Schwab Ampitheater
Les Schwab Ampitheater

Deschutes County Fairgrounds
Deschutes County
Fairgrounds

Tower Theatre
Tower Theatre

The High Desert Museum

Advertisements



Deschutes County

Google  
  Web    BendWeekly.com
© 2006 Bend Weekly News
A .Com Endeavors, Inc. Company.
All Rights Reserved. Terms under
which this service is provided to you.
Please read our Privacy Policy. Contact us.
Bend Weekly News & Event Guide Online
   Save the Net
Advertisement
External sites open in new window,
not endorsed by BendWeekly.com
Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Add to Google Add to MSN Add to My AOL
What are RSS headlines?