City of Bend City Manager Andy Anderson has hired Ron Garzini as temporary Project Manager for Juniper Ridge. Garzini brings to the City of Bends twenty-five years of experience in public sector management. He has been a senior level official in five local governments, including the City of Bend, where he served as Interim City Manager from December, 2003 to September, 2004 and from October 1998 to October 2001.Garzini has also worked for Federal and State government and on five occasions has served as a City Manager in a traditional council-manager form of local government.
In addition, Garzini has experience managing the development of industrial parks. Below is a summary of his industrial experience:
- Seward, Alaska – Industrial Parks (1982-1997)
- Cordova, Alaska – Marine Industrial Park (1992-1994)
- Anchorage, Alaska – Port of Anchorage Industrial Park (1978-1982) and Merrill Field Airport
- Unalaska / Dutch Harbor – 1989-1991
- LaPine Industrial Park, Oregon – 1997-1998
Garzini’s experience in public sector management includes:
- City of West Linn, Oregon: Interim City Manager (May 2005 – Sept. 2005)
- City of Bend, Oregon: Interim City Manager (Dec. 2003 - Sept. 2004)
- Central Oregon Irrigation District, Interim Manager (Oct. 2001 – Oct. 2003
- City of Bend, Oregon: Interim City Manager/Asst. City Manager/COO (Oct. 1998 – Oct. 2001)
- City of Seward, Alaska: City Manager (July 1995 – Oct. 1997) (1982-1987)
- State of Alaska: Dept. of Commerce & Economic Dev, Asst. Commissioner (1992 – 1993)
Garzini is a member of the Oregon City Management Association. He will work for the City of Bend on a temporary basis managing the Juniper Ridge master development project by coordinating with stakeholders, city, county and state officials and managing the development agreements and contracts.