BOZEMAN, Mont. - Several downtown businesses in Bozeman, Mont., were damaged Thursday in an explosion that was apparently caused by a gas leak, witnesses say.
Witnesses to Thursday morning's incident said at least two businesses were severely damaged in the explosion and windows of several downtown buildings were shattered by the force of the blast, the Bozeman Daily Chronicle said.
The explosion, which reportedly also sent debris high into the air, appears to have been centered on a restaurant called Boodles.
No injuries were reported in relation to the blast.
The blast forced a precautionary evacuation of homes and businesses within a three-block radius as fire workers attempted to contain flames created by the explosion, the newspaper said.
In addition to firefighters, police from local, county and state sources were on hand to help in the emergency situation.
The Daily Chronicle said the investigation into the explosion is being centered on a 12-inch gas line in the downtown area.
© 2009 United Press International. All Rights Reserved.