BEND CITY POLICE BLOTTER
During the week, there were 5 reports of vehicle break-ins, with an estimated $4,080 in items stolen. Of the 5 break-ins, 4 were from unlocked vehicles. There were also 5 bicycles stolen with an estimated value of $2,035. DUII arrests totaled 6, and Warrant arrests totaled 6.
· 7/13. A woman reported that her wallet, containing credit cards and drivers license – but no cash – was stolen from her purse while she was grocery shopping at Safeway on NE 3rd St. There are no leads or suspects.
· 7/14. A Bend woman was jailed for DUII after being stopped on SW Century Drive. Having had an undetermined amount of wine to drink and registering blood alcohol content more than 3 times the legal limit, she responded “I’m fine,” to the question “Where are you now?”.
· 7/14. A woman reported damage to her Buick Skylark while parked in the 1900 block of NE Bear Creek Rd. Two tires were punctured and the words “F*** you” were gouged into the passenger door.
· 7/15. A Bend man was arrested for DUII and his Cadillac impounded. He admitted to drinking 3 beers in the previous 15 minutes, and when asked where he was going he replied “Anywhere but where I was.” And where was that? “Home,” he said.
· 7/15. A man reported that unknown suspect(s) entered his unlocked ’91 Honda Civic and took $1500 in cash and his cell phone. The victim believes suspects are friends of a former co-worker.
· 7/15. Bend Fencing reported that someone broke a padlock to their fence and stole a flat bed trailer valued at $5,000.
· 7/17. A 29-year-old man was arrested for domestic violence assault after allegedly throwing his wife down on the ground and banging her head against the wall. The couple’s five children witnessed the incident.
· 7/17. Botanical Developments reported that the windshield of their John Deere backhoe was broken while parked at a construction site. Damage is estimated at $300.
· 7/17. An unemployed Redmond man was stopped for a traffic violation and found to be in possession of marijuana and meth. He said he was delivery it to this girlfriend.
· 7/17. The owner of the Rustic River Bar reported someone entered the business via an unlocked basement door and stole 3 bank bags. Two contained $1645 in cash, and the third held all the lottery keys.
· 7/18. A Bend woman was stopped for 2 traffic violations and gave officers consent to search her vehicle. The search revealed 9 grams of cocaine. Subject was arrested and lodged in Deschutes County Jail.
The preceding Information are excerpts taken from log entries and reports of the Bend Police Department.