Weekly News via Email
   Set as homepage | Add to favorites | Customer Service | Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us | Sitemap Thursday, 11.27.2014
Classifieds
News Archive
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
 1  2  3  4
 5  6  7  8  9  10  11
 12  13  14  15  16  17  18
 19  20  21  22  23  24  25
 26  27  28  29  30  31
Online Extras
Site Services
Around Bend
Outdoor Fun
Travel Info
Shop Local




Members Of



Poll: Today's Live Poll
Email to a friend | Print this | PDF version | Comments (0 posted) 
  Blogger |   del.icio.us |   digg |   newsvine

Aug 03,2007
Mortgage rates down for second week in a row
by Bend Weekly News Sources

Mortgage rates were mostly lower, with the average 30-year fixed mortgage rate now 6.71 percent. According to Bankrate.com's weekly national survey of large lenders, the average 30-year fixed mortgage has an average of 0.27 discount and origination points.

The average 15-year fixed rate mortgage popular for refinancing pulled back to 6.38 percent. On larger loans, the average jumbo 30-year fixed rate jumped to 7.13 percent. Adjustable rate mortgages were lower, with the average 5/1 ARM sinking to 6.36 percent and the average one-year ARM retreating to 5.95 percent.

Mortgage rates declined this week - for the most part. Even though the average 30-year fixed rate declined to 6.71 percent, the rate on larger loans increased. The average rate for jumbo 30-year loans - those larger than $417,000 - moved up to 7.13 percent reflecting the increased nervousness of investors about mortgage borrowers' creditworthiness. What results is a bigger mark-up over risk-free Treasury securities for larger loans that investors buy without the benefit of any loan guarantees. The increasing spread over government bond yields for all mortgage products is symptomatic of investors' greater risk aversion.

Fixed mortgage rates are nearly one-half percentage point higher than three months ago. At the time, the average 30-year fixed mortgage rate was 6.28 percent, meaning that a $200,000 loan would have carried a monthly payment of $1,235.34. With the average 30-year fixed rate now 6.71 percent, the same loan originated today would carry a monthly payment of $1,291.88. Fixed mortgage rates still remain the better refinancing alternative for adjustable rate borrowers facing sharp payment adjustments.

SURVEY RESULTS

30-year fixed: 6.71% -- down from 6.75% last week (avg. points: 0.27)

15-year fixed: 6.38% -- down from 6.42% last week (avg. points: 0.27)

5/1 ARM: 6.36% -- down from 6.41% last week (avg. points: 0.22)

Bankrate's national weekly mortgage survey is conducted each Wednesday from data provided by the top 10 banks and thrifts in the top 10 markets.

The survey is complemented by Bankrate's weekly forward-looking Rate Trend Index, in which a panel of mortgage experts predicts which way the rates are headed over the next 30 to 45 days. A majority of the panelists expect rates to hover near current levels, with 62 percent predicting rates will remain more or less unchanged. The remaining 38 percent forecast a decline in rates, with no one voting for an increase in the next 30 to 45 days.

2047 times read

Related news
No fireworks in mortgage rates this week by Bend_Weekly_News_Sources posted on Jul 06,2007

Mortgage rates give fed mixed reaction by Bend_Weekly_News_Sources posted on Mar 30,2007

Mortgage rates down for second straight week by Bend_Weekly_News_Sources posted on Jun 29,2007

Mortgage rates stay rangebound by Bend_Weekly_News_Sources posted on May 18,2007

Mortgage rates decline as stock market shudders by Bend_Weekly_News_Sources posted on Mar 02,2007

Did you enjoy this article? Rating: 5.00Rating: 5.00Rating: 5.00Rating: 5.00Rating: 5.00 (total 16 votes)

Market Information
Breaking News
Most Popular
Most Commented
Featured Columnist
Horoscope Guide
Aquarius Aquarius Libra Libra
Aries Aries Pisces Pisces
Cancer Cancer Sagittarius Sagittarius
Capricorn Capricorn Scorpio Scorpio
Gemini Gemini Taurus Taurus
Leo Leo Virgo Virgo
Local Attractions
Bend Visitors & Convention Bureau
Bend Visitors & Convention Bureau

Mt. Bachelor Resort
Mt. Bachelor Resort

Les Schwab Ampitheater
Les Schwab Ampitheater

Deschutes County Fairgrounds
Deschutes County
Fairgrounds

Tower Theatre
Tower Theatre

The High Desert Museum

Advertisements



Deschutes County

Google  
  Web    BendWeekly.com
© 2006 Bend Weekly News
A .Com Endeavors, Inc. Company.
All Rights Reserved. Terms under
which this service is provided to you.
Please read our Privacy Policy. Contact us.
Bend Weekly News & Event Guide Online
   Save the Net
Advertisement
External sites open in new window,
not endorsed by BendWeekly.com
Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Add to Google Add to MSN Add to My AOL
What are RSS headlines?