Weekly News via Email
   Set as homepage | Add to favorites | Customer Service | Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us | Sitemap Thursday, 03.21.2019
News Archive
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
 1  2
 3  4  5  6  7  8  9
 10  11  12  13  14  15  16
 17  18  19  20  21  22  23
 24  25  26  27  28  29
Online Extras
Site Services
Around Bend
Outdoor Fun
Travel Info
Shop Local

Members Of

Poll: Today's Live Poll
Email to a friend | Print this | PDF version | Comments (0 posted) 
  Blogger |   del.icio.us |   digg |   newsvine

Feb 02,2008
Declaration of Domestic Partnership forms available
by Bend Weekly News Sources

The Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS) is making domestic partnership declaration forms available, following Friday’s federal court ruling that allows Oregon's domestic partnership law to go into effect.

Forms may be found on the State
web site, and at county clerks' offices throughout the state, said Jennifer Woodward, state registrar in the DHS Public Health Division. County clerk office locations are listed in the white pages of the telephone book under the County Government section.

Forms can also be obtained by mail from the DHS Center for Health Statistics, Attn: Mary Ann Jensen, 800 N.E. Oregon St., Suite 225, Portland, OR 97232; or requested via

Completed, signed and notarized forms may be registered at any county clerk's office. Certified copies of declarations filed at the county can be purchased when they are filed, or any time after the declaration is registered. Contact the county clerk's office for fee information, Woodward advised.

County clerks will send registered Declaration of Domestic Partnership forms to the DHS Center for Health Statistics on a monthly basis, where they will be filed as vital records.

Certified vital record copies of declarations filed at the Center for Health Statistics can be purchased by family members, legal representatives, or persons or organizations with a personal or property right. Cost is $20 for a first copy and $15 for each additional copy ordered at the same time.

Woodward advises individuals to allow six weeks after the record is registered with the County Clerk to allow time for the record to be transferred to the Center for Health Statistics and entered into the vital records system.
13350 times read

Related news
Oregon same-sex couples can register as domestic partners beginning Jan. 1 by Bend_Weekly_News_Sources posted on Dec 21,2007

Deschutes County notifies mental health clients of missing records by Bend_Weekly_News_Sources posted on May 09,2008

Jan. 5 Meeting: Oregon Social Gaming Laws Review by Bend Weekly News Sources posted on Dec 22,2006

Domestic partnerships begin in Oregon by UPI posted on Feb 05,2008

Deschutes County Mental Health Dept. cuts hours by Bend_Weekly_News_Sources posted on Mar 06,2009

Did you enjoy this article? Rating: 5.00Rating: 5.00Rating: 5.00Rating: 5.00Rating: 5.00 (total 57 votes)

Market Information
Breaking News
Most Popular
Most Commented
Featured Columnist
Horoscope Guide
Aquarius Aquarius Libra Libra
Aries Aries Pisces Pisces
Cancer Cancer Sagittarius Sagittarius
Capricorn Capricorn Scorpio Scorpio
Gemini Gemini Taurus Taurus
Leo Leo Virgo Virgo
Local Attractions
Bend Visitors & Convention Bureau
Bend Visitors & Convention Bureau

Mt. Bachelor Resort
Mt. Bachelor Resort

Les Schwab Ampitheater
Les Schwab Ampitheater

Deschutes County Fairgrounds
Deschutes County

Tower Theatre
Tower Theatre

The High Desert Museum


Deschutes County

  Web    BendWeekly.com
© 2006 Bend Weekly News
A .Com Endeavors, Inc. Company.
All Rights Reserved. Terms under
which this service is provided to you.
Please read our Privacy Policy. Contact us.
Bend Weekly News & Event Guide Online
   Save the Net
External sites open in new window,
not endorsed by BendWeekly.com
Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Add to Google Add to MSN Add to My AOL
What are RSS headlines?