Weekly News via Email
   Set as homepage | Add to favorites | Customer Service | Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us | Sitemap Sunday, 04.20.2014
Classifieds
Around Bend
Outdoor Fun
Travel Info
Shop Local

Members Of

Poll: Today's Live Poll
  • Rest in peace sweet Angel. No baby is "selfish" they just need love.
  • (Posted on December 5, 2007, 10:31 am Angela)

• So what is the lastest on this story?????
  • (Posted on January 16, 2007, 3:57 pm redmond)

• So what happened on nov.30th it is dec,4th now what is the latest?????????
  • (Posted on December 4, 2006, 2:06 pm whatever)

• Kathy's next court date is november 30th 1:30pm
  • (Posted on November 14, 2006, 9:27 am shawnda)

• whats been going on with kathy lately?
  • (Posted on November 12, 2006, 2:55 am redmond, oregon)

• This poor little girl was the angel of everyone who loved her. This was her aunt who supposably loved her so how could she do this to her and what about her baby is it next..Christina did not deserve this as any helpless child who is in the hands of a SELFISH PERSON who just thought of themselves...How can anyone beat a 14 month old and then throw them down stairs can you imagine what Chrisitna was feeling at the moment...She will be missed dearly...I just hope that CHILD KILLER KATHY doesn't get away with it......
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am cousin D.WASHINGTON)

• OUR SWEET LITTLE CHRISTINA... YOU HAVE LEFT US ALL HERE TO SOON,ALL THOUGH YOU COULDN'T CONTROL WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU,WE ALL ARE AT A LOSS...WE ALL WILL MISS YOU DEARLY...WE WON'T GET THE CHANCE TO SEE YOU GROW INTO A FINE YOUNG LADY,WE WON'T GET TO SEE YOU MARRY OR HAVE CHILDREN OR WHAT YOUR LIFE COULD OF BEEN...BUT JUST KNOW WHEN YOU WERE ON THIS EARTH FOR THE SHORT 14 MONTHS OF YOUR LIFE, YOU WERE LOVED..WE WILL ALL MISS THE JOY AND HAPPINESS YOU AND YOUR SMILE BROUGHT INTO THE ROOM....IN LIFE WE MUST ALL DIE AND WE KNOW WE WILL BE ALL TOGETHER AGAIN SOME FINE DAY....JUST KNOW A DAY WILL NEVER GO BY THAT YOUR THOUGHT OF BY ALL WHO LOVED YOU IN YOUR PRECIOUS SHORT TIME ON EARTH...SO SWEET CHRISTINA JUST KNOW WE ALL LOVED YOU DEARLY AND ALWAYS WILL.....GO WALK WITH THE ANGELS NOW SWEET CHRISTINA....LOVE YOUR FAMILY.... Smile always... We will all miss you... Every single day we'll think of you.... Ever and ever an angel.... To all who knew you loved you... Cause your the reason we smile... Have faith we'll be together again... Rise in the glory of the lords love... I LOVE YOU... Spread your wings and fly... The litttle things you did... I LOVE YOU... Never will i stop loving you... Angel are among us YOU SWEET CHRISTINA...
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am D.WASHINGTON)

• i miss my grandaughter daily and i do not know how kathy could be judge and executioner for a precious little girl whose only crime was teething i pray daily kathy does not get away with KILLING my first and only grandchild even though her parent want to get kathy off on the fact the police baggered her which was NOT the case
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am dr washington)

• Ya really I guess kids should be born with dentures so people like KILLER KATHY don't kill them for teething!!!!Let's all get together and make it harder by law for people who kill children after all they are this country's future..Without them we won't have anything...except for KILLERS OF CHILDREN on death row wich I hope that is where KATHY ends up...
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am D.WASHINGTON)

• Christina,Beuatiful Christina,how we miss you so much.When the wind blows it reminds me of you and your smile..Most importantly we loved you very much and will do what we have to,to make sure your killer gets punished..We can't believe your own aunt could kill you..But she is in jail and I hope she stays there..Well just know you will always be w/us....love L. U.S.A.
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am L. U.S.A.)

• This is a sad story,I feel for the family...That's why this world is getting so crazy with people who think they are judge and jury....Cameras should be required for all Day Cares home and Public.....
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am M. MISSISSIPPI)

• How Can You kill an innocent baby for teething?If I were judge I would give you the same torture that the little Christina went through....
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am How Can you???????California)

• the true story was revealed yesterday 7/14/06 killer kathy took little christina's life because in her opinion crissy was "demanding selfish and spoiled "that is why she was killed this looks premeditated to me and she deserves to have her life taken
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am dr washington)

• Being one of the parents of Christina I feel that there was malace behind what Kathy did she did the crime now she needs to pay the time Being a Christian it says in the Bible that I will have 2 forgive Kathy because that is what God would want me to do I honestly don't know if I can forgive Kathy I maybe able to forgive but I won't forget Christina was not SPOILED or SELFISH a little demanding yes but not SELFISH or SPOILED she was very andventerous and liked it do what you were doing I LOVE and MISS my little girl and think about her everyday
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am S Seifert Bend,Oregon)

• I cannot forgive Kathy for taking away my precious Goddaughter. I love that little girl and always will. How can you hurt an innocent child because you think that they are spoiled. If I were the Judge and Jury..I would lock you up for good....or as people say..punishment fits the crime! I love Christina! God Bless you and your parents. I love you all!
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am Tanya Hibshman)

• We are blessed to know Christina's parents - Shawnda & Daniel. We have known Shawnda for many years as she befriended our daughter when we moved to Oregon 11 yrs ago. Shawnda is a kind and caring individual and so is her husband. To have a family member do this is tragic. You are supposed to be able to trust family. I do hope that justice is served and that Kathy is prosecuted to the full extent of the law. No plea bargin should be allowed so that she remains behind bars for a long time. This could happen to another family child or stranger if Kathy is allowed to go free. We did not meet Christina but have many beautiful photos of her. God bless her and our thoughts and prayers go out to Shawnda & Daniel. Rodney & Lori Cook
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am Lori Cook)

• I am the father of Christina M. Seifert who was shaken to death. I was shocked to hear the confession before any one else heard it. The death was not premeditated like some would like to think, were you there to see all of the stress that was present, NO! At one point of time or another we all have our breaking points where we snap. That is what happened hear, so pull your head out of your ass, and ask your self what would God do. God will judge us all, where will you go? Heaven or Hell? I don't expect every one to understand my pain or my wifes pain for that matter. I have to forgive my sister for what she did, not because I want to, but because that is what God would want me to do. GET RIGHT WITH GOD! AND MAY GOD FORGIVE YOU FOR YOUR JUDGEMENTS WHEN JUDGEMENT DAY COMES, READ THE LORDS PRAYER THEN CLAIM WHAT YOU WANT TO CLAIM. My sister needs to be accountable for what she did just as you and I, what if it was YOU THAT WERE IN HER POSITION OR SHOES SO TO SPEAK.
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am Daniel Seifert)

• TO ADD TO MY FIRST COMMENT I DO MISS MY DAUGHTER VERY MUCH, HER HUGS AND THE TIME SHE WANTED TO SPEND WITH HER DADDY ESPECIALLY WHEN I CAME HOME FROM WORK. AND TO A SPECIFIC SOME ONE, YOU WANT TO BE SO VINDICTIVE ABOUT EVERYTHING TO WHERE IN YOUR MIND EVERYTHING IS WRITE BECAUSE YOUR FEELINGS TELL YOU SO. MAY BE YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TO FEDERAL PRISON FOR STEALING 2,000 DOLLARS REGARDLESS OF ANY CONDITIONS, AND YET HAVE NOT EVEN MADE AN ATTEMPT TO PAY YOUR DAUGHTER BACK AT ALL!
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am Daniel Seifert)

• (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am Daniel Seifert)

• you as a father is right in a way,the bible does say to forgive,BUT that was your little girl,and she is gone now forever...She will never run into your arms again...All because your sister was selfish herself and couldn't control herself around an innocent little girl.Yes maybe it would be the right thing for you to forgive your sister.But what about your little girl who depended on you and your wife for love and security...You need to really think,yes this is your sister,but is it right that she go free and be free to do what she wants when ever she wants Why your little girl lays in the cold ground all alone out of the arms and love of you and your wife because of your SISTER....
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am scared parent in bend...)

• NO SIR YOU ARE THE ONE WHO NEEDS TO PULL HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS ASS...MAN THAT WAS YOUR DAUGHTER....IS YOUR SISTER FAULT THAT WILL NEVER SEE YOUR DAUGHTER'S FIRST SCHOOL WORK SHE WOULD OF BEEN SO EXICTED TO SHOW MOMMY AND DADDY,NEVER TEACH HER TO RIDE A BIKE,NEVER TEACH HER TO FISH,NEVR TAKE HER TO THE PLAYGROUND TO SLIDE AND SWING,NEVR TO KISS HER BOO-BOO'S WHEN SHE GETS ONE, NEVER TEACH HER HOW TO DRIVE,NEVER SEE HER GO TO HER FIRST PROM,NEVER SEE HER GRADUATE,AND MOST IMPORTANTLY NEVER WALK HER DOWN THE AISLE.......ALL BECAUSE OF YOUR SISTER YOU WILL NEVER SEE ALL THOSE THINGS.SHE ROBBED YOU OF IT ALL.......SO MAN PULL YOUR HEAD OUT YOUR ASS AND HONOR YOUR DAUGHTER NOT YOUR SISTER.......
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am tn redmond,oregon)

• dan this not the place to air the comments you have said about me THIS IS ABOUT MY ONLY GRANDAUGHTER AND THE FACT THAT KATHY KILLED HER NO IF AND OR BUTTS YOU ARE SO MAD AT ME YOU DONT EVEN CARE FOR MY DAUGHTER YOUR WIFE AND THE GREIF SHE IS GOING THROUGH AND THE CONTROLLING YOUR FAMILY IS DOING TO HER MAYBE YOU OUGHT TO CRAME YOU BIBLE VERSES DOWN YOUR OWN THROAT AND SEE WHAT GOD SAYS ABOUT CARING ABOUT YOUR WIFE I HAVE BEEN TOLD HOW YOU THOUGHT YOUR OWN LITTLE PRECIOUS DAUGHTER GOT ON YOUR NERVES AND YOU WOULDN'T SPENDTIME WITH HER UNLESS SHAWNDA BEGGED, YOU ARE MORE CONCERNED FOR KILLER KATHY THAN YOUR OWN WIFE
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am dr washington)

• You go Grandma,You are right this is not the place for the dad to attack you....you know this is a very sad story and I was shocked to read all your comments...It does really sound if the dad is confused and yes I agree he does need to pull his head out of his ass..And support his wife more it almost seems like he loves his sister more.....
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am redmond,oregon)

• So what is the latest news on this story is the stupid ass still in jail???Is she going away for a long time???Poor little girl and her family....
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am redmond,oregon)

• Rumor has it that she was in court today. Maybe KTVZ will have some coverage on it this evening.
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am Aaron)

• Kathy was in court on August 9th and yes KTVZ and Fox 39 were there The judge wanted a speedy trial and wanted the judge who first had kathy 2 have her again so They are going to give Kathy till September 21st at 1:30pm to enter a plea
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am Shawnda Seifert)

• so will she stay in jail????FOREVER I HOPE...CUZ THAT LITTLE GIRL ISN'T IN THE ARMS OF WHO LOVE HER...BECAUSE OF WHAT IS EVERYONE CALLING HER (KILLER KATHY).....MAY YOU BE PUNISHED TO THE MOST THE LAW ALLOWS IF NOT DEATH......CUZ YOU KNOW SOMEONE IS WAITING FOR YOU IN HELL!!!!!!!!!WHERE PEOPLE LIKE YOU BELONG, FOR KILLING ANOTHER ONE OF GODS ANGELS.....
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am redmond)

• You know we all go thru life,and uasally all of us have the same goal...To have a family to share our lives with...For some it just can't happen and for others they are blessed with a family...It can take so long to achieve our goals and when we finally do everything is right in our lives....Christina was sent to her parents from heaven to have joy in their lives with her and even though their time wasn't long it was precious Iam sure....SO I REALLY CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW ONE PERSON CAN ROB ANOTHER PERSON OF THEIR JOY AND HAPPINESS....WHAT IAM GETTING FROM ALL THIS IS THAT KATHY SOUNDS TO BE VERY SELFISH AND HAD ONLY THOUGHT OF HERSELF...AND REALLY HONESTLY DID NOT CARE ABOUT HER ACTIONS OR THE FEELINGS AND PAIN HER FAMILY WOULD GO THROUGH...SO IN MY OPINION SHE SHOULD GET THE DEATH PENATLY BECAUSE IF SHE HAS DONE ONCE SHE WOULD PROBALY DO AGAIN AND THEN WHO WILL LOSE THEIR HAPPINESS,AT THE HANDS OF A ROBBER......
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am Sisters,Oregon)

• Yes kathy is in jail she will be there till after we find out what's going to happen on September 21st They extentded it becasue the DA wanted to gather more evidence What more evidence do they need? They have a confession that she did it etc. plus the autopsy proved that Christina was shaken
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am S. Seifert)

• I am a Christian and forgive Kathy for what she is accused of. A long jail sentance or the death penalty will never bring back little Christina. I'm just so tired of all you ignorant people here spreading your lies about her, rather than embracing Kathy with the love that she was obviously denied by you all. Our church group has decided to set a legal defense fund for Kathy, in hopes that we can get a her a fair trial.
  • (Posted on November 6, 2006, 11:23 am Frank in Madres)

Your name