- some of us have recently learned of this injustice... NOT WHEN IT HAPPENED!!! I feel it is retarded to talk smack to those of us whom are very upset over this border patrol issue.... having said that... these men should be pardoned as well as get back pay... pay for getting harmed in prison... and how can OUR government expect anyone to take them serious when they are giving drug dealers special rights? Are we suppose to feel safe now? I personally didnt vote for Bush because I knew from the get go he was a worthless moron... and John... would your last name happen to be Sutton?? Me personally... I believe Sutton should be the one in prison... after all... Sutton is the TRUE idiot here... if Bush wants to show that he gives a rats ass about this country then he will immediately free Compean... Ramos... AND Hernandez (Posted on February 28, 2007, 4:13 pm Dawn)
- I am all but puking my guts out over the many members of the media, Congress, public and the Border Patrol Union who ''suddenly'' caught wind of this case, well after the fact. Where were all these people at when this case was set for trial, and during that trial? It grips my ass to no end how everyone that supposedly today, and at this late date are so knowledgeable, and convinced that this pair of idiots got railroaded, yet were never seen nor heard from prior to the trial,during the trial,nor even during the interim between conviction and sentencing. Where were they when this terrible wrong they now cite was being committed? And at this late date what are they now doing? Attempting to free this pair of lying fools who are in fact the one's that brought this all down on their own heads. ''It's not their fault'' ''They were charged with the wrong crime'' ''These men are heros'' ''The government hid evidence'' ''The prosecutor lied''. So? Welcome to our judicial system! As I have stated time and time again, these convictions will most likely be overturned once the appeals court reviews the case. Meanwhile all of this late date hype and nonsense about these two having been ''framed'' or railroaded is energy focused at the wrong time, and to the wrong place. For those of you who have not, take the time and read the transcripts of the trial. When doing so pay close attention to the testimony of Border Patrol agent Vasquez. What you will learn from his testimony is just how screwed up the whole of the U.S. Border Patrol really is. Agents discarding a loaded shotgun, other agents discovering the gun but failing to secure it. You'll learn that despite 9 Border Patrol agents being involved including at least two Supervisors not one of secured the crime scene, nor had they EVER received any training concerning preserving a crime scene! You learn that the third agent on scene stood idle by, with a discarded and loaded shotgun laying on the ground, while two other agents (Ramos and Compean) were out of his sight pursuing the fleeing suspect and slinging lead at him. You would learn that the fourth agent to arrive did so during the time of these shots being fired, heard them himself, but yet instead of responding toward the sound of this gunfire and his fellow agents, he instead takes a cell phone from the smuggler's van, and begins scrolling through the phone numbers on it!!! Neither he nor the other agent ever make any effort to go assist Ramos and Compean, even though they had fired shots!
Yes, there should be a public out cry in this, but not for the sake of this pair of idiots, but rather to completely revamp the Border Patrol, and to bring their stupidity to the public light.
(Posted on February 22, 2007, 7:46 pm John)
- The reason the president has turned a deaf ear to any and all pleas to protect the sovereignty of this country by closing the borders is because his administration is working toward a North American Union. This union is modeled on the European Union and is well underway. The most comprehensive treatment of the NAU can be found at StoptheNorthAmericanUnion. Once viewed through this prism, all actions by the president, his attorney general, his office of Homeland Security, etc., are made clear. (Posted on February 17, 2007, 1:19 am Chris)
- The real problem here is that the Bush Administration is in bed with Mexico. A travisty like this cannot happen without the highest authority making it happen! Mexico demanded that these agents be prosecuted to send a signal to all border enforcing entities to stand down or be jailed! People, this is your govenment and if you do not make your voice heard on an issue such as this then you deserve what happens as this gets worse. Not to mention the officers used as scapegoats! (Posted on February 16, 2007, 5:40 pm JonR)
- If the truth can't set these men free, then I guess were all up the creek. The corrupt people are always on the offensive, and the good guys are just doing their job, this is why the good guys lose, most of the time. The good guys need to start aggressively uncovering the corruption of the bums who are destroying our country. If we don't push now, while we still have a small voice and something left in our wallets, we definately don't have a prayer when the economy goes in the tank and we are just trying to survive. This next election cycle will probably be the last time we will have a podium, stand up and let your views be heard, the America of our foundings fathers is on her last breath. (Posted on February 16, 2007, 4:11 pm Joel flores)
- Add my voice to those who are outraged at this injustice! I have called the White House, my congressman, and my senators to demand action. Why is this President completely tone deaf to the lament of thousands of us who have faithfully supported him? If he's allowing this in order to send a message about his determination to have an open border with Mexico, his legacy will be one of treason and betrayal of his oath of office. His name shall become a by-word among loyal Americans! (Posted on February 16, 2007, 4:11 pm david)
- The longer this travesty of justice goes on, the worse it gets. This is unbelieveable. Does President Bush not get it? We should be prosecuting the drug dealer, Sutton, Gonzales and the rest of the corrupt officials who prosecuted these two Border Agents.
Shame on all those involved in this horrible reversal of justice. (Posted on February 16, 2007, 9:40 am Irene)