- Since 911, we've managed to secure skyscrapers, banks, federal buildings and even the air above us... So why can't we secure our schools? We've now exposed to the world the fact that our schools are vulnerable. Just imagine how many more could have died if there had been 5 shooters with AR15's, tactical vests, police scanners and a date with Allah in each building. (Posted on April 17, 2007, 10:05 pm Nathan)
- this is another terrible tragedy in our nation. It confuses me to think why this student would do this. These were innocent young people dedicated to their education, trying to improve their lives with their education. It makes me sick to hear about this! My prayers go out to the families strickened by this monster! (Posted on April 17, 2007, 4:20 pm michelle)
- Maybe if you people stop discriminating against other people this stuff won't happen. Ever thought of that? (Posted on April 17, 2007, 4:20 pm anonymous)
- I am so angered at terrible happenings such as this. Why do things like this happen and how? I guess I will never understand. We are each given one very precious life to live and so many people treat that gift with such disregard! It makes me sick!
(Posted on April 17, 2007, 11:53 am J. Fogel)
- This tragic event does not mean we need Gun Control. No one has looked at the fact this was not even an American who did this shooting spree. It was another useless foreigner. What we need to do is establish that 'ONLY' American Citizens can own a weapon, specifaclly a gun. Look at the drug violence and gangs these people are all well armed, most are now some Hispanic origin, mostly Mexican illegals. Even if you are here legally, such as the Korean Student on a student visa, or have a so-called Green Card you are NOT a citizen and should NOT be permitted to purchase, possess, or own a firearm. Also, most of this crap would stop if the Federal Government took over issuing licenses to purcahse, carry, and transport firearms. These are currently controlled at a state level. If a background check was done, a license could be issued by the ATF then states would be eliminated and the right to own, transport, and carry a gun would be given only to US Citizens with no prior criminal record or known mental defects (such as arrested for drugs, dui, served time in a mental facility, rehab, etc.). This won't stop all armed robberies or killings but it will greatly reduce them because criminals will know that many normal citizens are now armed. (Posted on April 17, 2007, 11:32 am Justin)