Weekly News via Email
   Set as homepage | Add to favorites | Customer Service | Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us | Sitemap Monday, 07.28.2014
Classifieds
Around Bend
Outdoor Fun
Travel Info
Shop Local

Members Of

Poll: Today's Live Poll
  • Was the DMV forwarded a copy of the Police Report? For refusal to take a breath test, DMV suspends driving privileges for a year, and for three years if you have prior alcohol-related offenses in the last five years. For refusal to take a urine test, DMV will suspend driving privileges for one year, of for three years with prior alcohol-related offenses. For refusal to take a blood test while receiving medical care after a collision, DMV will suspend driving privileges for 90 days, and for one year if you have prior alcohol-related offenses in the last five years. For failure of a blood test for DUII while receiving medical care after a collision, DMV will suspend driving privileges for 90 days, and for a year with prior alcohol-related offenses.
  • (Posted on March 10, 2008, 10:05 pm Oregon-Law)

• He got lucky and beat the DUI, but I don't see his show lasting beyond this season.
  • (Posted on March 6, 2008, 8:46 am chaz)

• yall need 2 get off he's jock, yall act like yall never did any thing bad before. damn leave him along
  • (Posted on January 28, 2008, 1:56 pm bettye tillman)

• I used to be a personal friend of Matt's. The person "Me" who posted first on December 16 is 100% spot on. I don't begrudge anyone who wants to find inspiration in Matt's "story," but be advised that the reality in this case is very different. Matt is a master salesman and publicity hound. He is brilliant, without question. But ethical? Forget about it. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could toss him.
  • (Posted on January 20, 2008, 9:43 am LPA Lifetime Member)

• Here is a link to Bend Weekly's article on the first day of trial testimony: http://www.bendweekly.com/Statewide-News/11981.html Good stuff!
  • (Posted on January 9, 2008, 1:38 pm A Roloff fan)

• His court date was yesterday 1/8/08 - I haven't seen anything out yet as to the outcome. Maybe you have to wait until next season to find out?
  • (Posted on January 9, 2008, 12:13 pm Clark)

• today is 1/06/08, why don't someone tell us the outcome of the trial, what did they do to matt,
  • (Posted on January 6, 2008, 8:32 pm annie)

• To have 2 DUII arrests in a span of 4 years indicates an alcohol problem. Think about how many times you have driven over the speed limit vs the number of times you've been stopped for speeding. If you don't get stopped frequently, then why would an arrest for DUII be different? For every stop there are X times someone has gotten away with it. In addition, Mr. Roloff's dwarfism has no bearing on the field test nor the breathalyzer. His mobility issues have nothing to do with his ability to say the alphabet backwards or touch his nose. If he is in the chronic pain as "australian roloff fan" alleges and if he is taking narcotics to gain relief, Mr. Roloff could still be guilty of driving under the influence. Under the influence is ANY substance not just alcohol. Also, if he was taking opiates for pain management then he should be aware of the dangers of mixing opiates with alcohol. The Rx bottle would include a warning on it stating "do not drink while on this medication." As far as I'm concerned, this still falls under personal responsibility and he should know better.
  • (Posted on December 24, 2007, 10:23 am Joan)

• First of all, (Kadinza Wyckoff) for a "Doctor" you certainly don't express yourself very well in written form. I for one am not a Redneck but an educated Northeasterner. Second, I am Happy that I don't have a closed one dimensional "Bible Belt" mind. Yes I do believe in science and not everything that is written as gospel in the Bible. Now for your comments. As a "doctor" you would know that a blood draw is more difficult to obtain because many hospital administrations consider it wrong because if a person is not injured or a patient a blood draw is invasive. Also, yes a blood test is usually more accurate but it usually shows a higher readiing that what would be obtained via a breath test. Lastly Matt could have also refused a blood test as well if they even offer it. My feeling is that if it had been offered he would have still refused the test. As stated before Matt appears to have a drinking problem of some kind. Yes he is Innocent until proven Guilty but we all know that lawyers are not always after determining the truth but muddling up the facts.. If interested look up info on the Datamaster Breath tester that many PD's use. It is a very accurate Scientific Instrument....
  • (Posted on December 23, 2007, 3:38 pm kampj)

• First off "Me, and kampj" You are stupid. Your comments are those of the typical unschooled redneck. I am a doctor. You never take the breath test. NO MATTER WHAT. Despite what you have been told those devices are far too inaccurate. Goto jail and get a blood draw, call the lawyer. I am also disabled. I could not walk a line to pass the test as given and this has been proven by local reporters who also question the procedure. Blood that is the only true test. Also no I don't care if you lost someone to a drunk driver. I have in my family, and I do in the ER. In this country you are INNOCENT until proven GUILTY. More of you are forgetting this. Try a visit to the Bible Belt and get out of the ultra liberal northwest for a bit.
  • (Posted on December 19, 2007, 8:45 am Kadinza Wyckoff)

• GULITY, and throw away the key
  • (Posted on December 17, 2007, 11:51 am DuDe)

• One DUI indicates a "drinking problem". Two DUI's indicates an alcoholic. They're a sweet family but I'd have more respect for Matt if he spent less time on PR spin, and more time dealing with his alcoholism. This was a chance to come clean and show other drunks how to take responsibilty for sobriety.
  • (Posted on December 16, 2007, 6:39 pm Madd momma)

• 1. - THIS IS HIS SECOND TIME DRUNK DRIVING! If you watch him RACE around in his cars, I don't care if he's a midget or not...he could have F#cking killed someone. 2. - I hope CFS is investigatingn for his nearly killing 2 people because of the TOY on his property, one being his own son, and him NOT EVEN BEING WITH HIS SON IN THE HOSPITAL, but instead chatting up every media outlet he could to try and COVER HIS DRUNk/CRIMINAL/ SCHEMING ASS. 3. - The guy is involved in nothing but SCAM businesses. He's a fake PRICK. You can tell even his WIFE cannot stand him ianymore. If it weren't for her strong faith, she would have dumped him a long time ago. In the first seasons, they looked like they were heading that way. Matt likes MONEY and to SPEND, and has big dreams, but doesn't want to WORK/had his wife working two jobs! Now with the show he uses his "celebrity" to scam money from people BIG TIME. Do not buy the "Matt is a great guy" B.S. His own FAMILY cannot stand him, children included. HE IS A CRIMINAL. He should NOT be operating a DEADLY WEAPON when drunk! I would say it would take one of his kids getting killed to wake him up, but his baby getting his skull bashed in didn't even PHASE him... So ... F#CK MATT ROLOFF!! He NEEDS to do time!
  • (Posted on December 16, 2007, 6:38 pm Me)

• The season ends with images of his impending trial. The main reason he probably refused the breath test is that he consulted an attorney who told him not to take the test. With this being his second DWI, and possibly facing more penalites, refusing the test puts it all on what the Officer observed and testifies too. All the easier to pick apart in court. I know that his having physical difficulties will provide many arguements for his attorney to bring up. The test is well established and more difficult to argue against. In my personal opinion it would have been better to have him take the test and admit his problem and move on. If he wasn't drunk, then taking the test and passing it sets you free. No case period.. But I think he knew better that he probably wasn't going to pass it. I'm sure also that he will probably have Oregon's best DWI defense attorney at his side as well. Good show too watch. Nice family.. Matt needs to recognize that fact though..
  • (Posted on December 11, 2007, 10:47 am kampj)

• I've heard that this is Matt's second DUII. If so, he may do a little time in the county lock-up. Either way, I still think its a wonderful show and will continue to watch it.
  • (Posted on December 6, 2007, 3:47 pm Andrew Kline)

• We are wondering if this will ever come to a close. We understand today he is scheduled for another hearing after a postponement in November
  • (Posted on December 5, 2007, 10:22 am LPBWFan)

• We all make mistakes - its human nature. And I wouldn't judge him based on this isolated event. We know the Roloff family through LPA (Little People of America), you couldn't meet a nicer family. Even with all their success, the Roloff family continues to support the LPA community and bring further attention to our cause.
  • (Posted on November 11, 2007, 8:08 am LPA Member)

• Did they ever feature his arrest on the show?
  • (Posted on October 25, 2007, 1:10 pm atomTom)

• Matt and Amy seem to have bigger issues than the DUII. They have an older son who is struggling with school, and two younger sons that have ZERO respect for their parents. Maybe Matt drinks and drives to get away from a home that is out of control and looks worse than some trailer parks in the South. He needs to give up the drinks and focus on walking the walk.
  • (Posted on October 24, 2007, 8:52 am ck1)

• I think that this will probably be the season-ender of the fourth season, which starts Monday, October 15 on TLC. Like the trebuchet accident, I think that this tragedy will make for great reality TV and drama.
  • (Posted on October 9, 2007, 8:55 am John)

• I love the show and the Roloff family. It is educational to America how little people can exist in this society. It would be a shame if this program goes off the air. If he was drunk, tell him to clean up his act. He has too much going on to screw up his future and the future of his family. He does a great deal of good for little people. Amy is great.
  • (Posted on October 5, 2007, 11:32 am Betty Dew)

• Have you people any idea of the chronic PAIN this man must be in. Have you seen his feet, knees and hips? Hip pain is vicious. Did you ever think it might be pain killers and a little alcohol. He would quickly loss gross motor skills with that combination. We all have to live and learn.
  • (Posted on September 17, 2007, 9:49 am australian roloff fan)

• Matt should've taken the breath test. He probably would've gotten in less trouble if he cooperated. He tries to inspire people but that wrecked my insporation. - Nicole
  • (Posted on September 17, 2007, 9:48 am Nicole Lynn)

• Every human makes mistakes. Let he who is among you and free of error (sin) cast the first stone otherwise leave the judgements to GOD!
  • (Posted on August 27, 2007, 11:12 pm 1949ruth)

• Give the guy a break! We all make mistakes in life people.
  • (Posted on August 24, 2007, 9:51 am Eric)

• Gizmosw - Your so full of crap - it stinks. I've seen the both of them slamming it down on their show more than once..... So all you azz-kissing-idiots, take your bullsh!t elsewhere.
  • (Posted on August 22, 2007, 8:18 am BENDEHO)

• I know Matt and Amy very well and neither drinks or do drugs.
  • (Posted on August 20, 2007, 2:09 pm Gizmosw)

• If this is really Matt's second arrest for DUI - Then he should spend some time in jail. Just cuz he's small doesn't give him an excuse to drive drunk. With all his success, you'd think he would be more careful. If he is convicted he needs to resign from his charity and any position he holds with LPA.
  • (Posted on August 15, 2007, 10:51 pm Jacob)

• Shame on your newspaper for publishing Matts arrest for DUII. He has not had his day in court and when he does he will be vindicated of all charges.
  • (Posted on August 13, 2007, 5:46 pm Or1957)

• Matt is a little person! so maybe he would be considered impaired quicker than" you or I". But I am a big fan of the show. I personally don't see a lot of little people where I live so the show to me is a combination of loving the family and education. I hope they don't cancel little people big world because of this. How would the family be able to keep up with their lifestyle! travelling and spend, spend and spend.
  • (Posted on August 13, 2007, 11:28 am margie)

Your name