Pop a cork, make a toast and take note.
|WINERD - If you like wine and you like board games, Winerd is the perfect way to combine both. CNS Photo courtesy of Art of Wine. |
|BAG 'EM - What better way to dress up your gift of a bottle of wine than with a fun and functional bag. CNS Photo courtesy of Art of Wine. |
|MARGARITAVILLE - Just add ice and your favorite flavorings and make a tasty concoction of your own. This Fiji model holds enough ice for mixing 72 ounces of frozen drinks. CNS Photo courtesy of Margaritaville. |
Whether you are a wine lover, or just a good friend of one, the Art of Wine offers an array of unusual wine products ranging from antique corkscrews to gift bags.
The Art of Wine features handcrafted designs made from quality materials from around the world with collections ranging from classic to modern, thematic or seasonal, fanciful to practical.
Here are just a few of the highlights:
- What's your vine: These shirts offer catchy phrases for several wine varieties, including "Pinot Noir: Mysterious, Seductive and Difficult to Manage." Pick your grape and see if the saying holds true. Prices range from $26 to $36.
- Wine trivia: This game is the perfect way to turn your passion for wine into laughter with your friends. Created by Tamara Leigh Murphy, the Winerd game includes: game board, nearly 300 fun and interesting Q&A cards relating to just about every aspect of wine, 12 bonus/challenge cards, four custom synthetic cork playing pieces and a blind test notepad. Just add wine and friends. Retail price is $36.
- The Old World Collection: Handcrafted wine boxes, holding anywhere from one to six bottles, are made from rich and luxurious materials. Prices range from $15 to $28.
- Antique corkscrews: They not only look good, they work. Dating back to Victorian Europe, these corkscrews will make an excellent addition to your collection and for around $18 are great conversation-starters.
- Gift bag collections: Make an impression when you bring wine to a home. These gift bags range from flapper girls to reindeer and fabrics range from handmade cotton paper to bamboo. Prices vary, but average $8.
For more information on Art of Wine, founded by True Fabrications, call 800-750-8783 or visit www.artofwine.com.
Wine not your cup of tea?
Then pull out the tequila, vodka, rum, lime, coconut, O.J., mango ... you name it ... add some mixers and ice and have at it.
Margaritaville's Frozen Concoction Makers allow you to easily create a blended delight all your own.
They can be used the same way as a regular blender but they offer so much more. Unlike a blender, these shave ice and blend it with your favorite ingredients.
It takes the guesswork out of frozen beverages with its pre-programmed automatic settings. Fill the ice hopper, add your ingredients to the blending jar and hit start. It does the work, you take the credit. All Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Makers also have manual controls to allow you to shave or blend for the perfect, customized drink.
Offered models include:
- Shaves ice and blends up to 36 ounces.
- Automatic settings mix the right proportion of ice with ingredients.
- Manual controls let you shave or blend to your ideal consistency.
- Key Lime accent coloring, maritime markings and shark fin indicator lights.
- Durable powder-coated housing, sturdy glass blending jar and stainless steel accent trim.
- At the touch of one button, make a perfect 36-ounce pitcher of Margaritas.
- Stay unchained from the bar as automated settings are pre-programmed to shave and blend 1, 2 or 3 drinks at a time.
- Large capacity ice reservoir holds ice for mixing 72 ounces of frozen drinks.
- Four automated, pre-programmed settings allow for the perfect Margarita, Daiquiri, Slides or Smoothies.
Some models include the Margaritaville Cargo Pack-ins of the "Changes in Latitude Party Guide," measuring shot glass, salt rimmer tin, drink charms and coasters.
Prices range from $200 to $380. For more information, call 877-689-2737 or visit www.margaritavillecargo.com.
Maggie Reed can be reached by email, at 619-718-5821; or P.O. Box 120190, San Diego, CA 92112.
© Copley News Service