Think you could use a tropical vacation right about now? But between the credit card bills and the snow piling up outside, you're not about to sail away into the sunset anytime soon. But why not fly the cubicle and try a little beauty break right now during these blustery winter days? Try a few of these beauty boosters to put you in a sunny mood:
- Go natural ... with makeup that is. Take off the heavy stuff that is making your face feel so flaky, and give your face some lighter strokes with a natural finish, oil-free makeup with a semi-matte finish. Visit stilacosmetics.com.
|SUNNY SIDE - Switch to the sunny side of life this winter and take a break from heavy makeup. Instead, try a natural look like this one from Stila makeup. CNS Photo courtesy of Stila. |
- Lick your lips. A little on the chapped, dry side? Try a rich and creamy gloss that contains moisturizing shea butter like Korres Natural Products Guava Lip Butter. Look at sephora.com.
- Slather up. Go for that tropical paradise in a bottle if you have to. There's nothing like the scent of coconuts to take you away. Try Lavanila Vanilla Coconut Body Butter with skin-soothing botanicals and antioxidants to soothe dry, winter skin. Also at sephora.com.
- Get a head start on a great tan. You don't have to use up all those frequent flier miles to head to a beach for this winter beauty booster. Just search out a great self-tanning product like Strike Gold Self-Tanning Lotion with bronzer, vitamin E and fruit acid. Visit bathandbodyworks.com.
- Treat your feet to some warmth. If your heels are cracked, dry and calloused, you don't have to take a stroll in the sand to give them a much-needed vacation from snow boots. Try Deborah Lippman's Soul Mission, a two-step grapefruit crystal foot scrub with a warming peptide activator that revitalizes tired, rough winter feet. Look at lippmanncollection.com.
- Show off those legs. Even if we cover them up most of the winter months, our legs still need moisturizing more than ever. Indulge them with a whipped cream nourishing almond oil from Whish Beauty. Visit www.whishbody.com.
- Shine on! For shiny, healthy hair during the winter months, replenish hair's moisture with a hydrating shampoo and conditioner. If the dry weather is wreaking havoc on your hair, try a smoothing product to tame frizz and flyaways. Ask your stylist about Regis Designline products.
Take a deep breath. Breath in the essence of ginger, lemon grass, ylang-ylang and bergamot without ever leaving your shower with scented hair products from Jamal Hammadi of Hamadi Beauty. A cult favorite of Hollywood starlets, these shea moisture-based formulas use 100 percent organic essential oils and plant extracts. Visit hamadibeauty.com or Fred Segal in Los Angeles.
Sharon Mosley is a former fashion editor of the Arkansas Gazette in Little Rock and executive director of the Fashion Editors and Reporters Association.
© Copley News Service