Everything's coming up rosy this spring. Get ready to think pink past Valentine's Day. So what if no one bought you chocolates this year - indulge your fashion senses with red-hot style. There are zero calories in these trendy treats. Go ahead and enjoy every delicious one.
|PINK COLLECTION - Cross your heart and hope to shop. Get comfortable this spring in one of the season’s hottest shades from Victoria's Secret’s signature Pink collection. CNS Photo courtesy of Victoria's Secret. |
- Go red and be green. Envirosax, the eco-friendly and stylish reusable tote brand, has created two exclusive bags for this spring combining two of their best-selling styles and covering them with cupids pink arrows. These 'green' gifts show your warm, fuzzy feelings for the people you care about and the earth too.
The exclusive bags can be purchased at www.usa.envirosax.com. At www.thesak.com, you can buy your own hot pink reusable grocery bag from the San Francisco company that put the market tote on the map.
- Shine this spring. You can find a red patent leather peep-toe pump or a red patent satchel handbag at Target. Check into www.babesta.com for a great pair of shiny rain boots with skulls and hearts on them.
- Look for dresses. Go for the bold and the beautiful hothouse floral dresses at www.uniquevintage.com. Or get a little sassy in a cotton candy pink dress from www.jcrew.com. Even babies get in on the red dress bonanza at www.ralphlauren.com.
- Go for comfort. Check out the hot pink hoodies and sweats from Victoria Secret's signature Pink collection ( www.vspink.com). Go undercover with Betsy Johnson's fun underwear at www.urbanoutfitters.com.
And for the really young at heart, there's nothing like lounging around the house in Disney's Tinker Bell and Thumper racer-back T-shirts and boxer shorts ( www.walmart.com) Or comfy cotton heart pajamas from www.pajamagram.com. Guys you can get in on the red trend with tattoo heart T-shirts at www.redenvelope.com.
- Visit Vineyard Vines for gifts this Valentine's Day. Cuddle up with your loved one in cozy cashmere, or head out for a fun night in a sexy halter. Getting out of town? Hit the beach in style with tunics and sweet tops - all in bright red ( www.vineyardvines.com).
- Feel good and look good. From nail enamel in a heart-shaped bottle at www.avon.com to Ralph Lauren's Romance fragrance ( www.sephora.com) to Philosophy's collection of lip glosses with notes like "Be Mine" and "I Love You" written on them, there's a fashion message for everyone.
- Add a few jewels to your wardrobe. At www.hidalgojewelry.com there are many pink and red ways to sparkle in enamel "bamboo" inspired bangles and rings.
Want a pair of ruby slippers? Add a charm to your bracelet from www.chicos.com.
- Try the Foot Petals Rose Hip Tip Toes. These ball-of-foot cushions allow you to be comfortable in your shoes all day long. Spread the Valentine's Day love even more because a portion of the proceeds from these cushions goes to the Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer Foundation at www.footpetals.com.
- Send red-hot virtual kisses to loved ones at www.abreva.com. For each kiss sent, Abreva will donate $1 to Operation Smile, a worldwide medical charity dedicated to helping improve the health and lives of children and young adults born with cleft lips, cleft palates and other facial deformities. Anyone can send kisses to friends, family members and significant others until Feb. 29.
Sharon Mosley is a former fashion editor of the Arkansas Gazette in Little Rock and executive director of the Fashion Editors and Reporters Association.
© Copley News Service