This season, every teen knows individuality is key. From MySpace pages to their customized Nike shoes, teenagers love to personalize, and for special occasions that trend is paramount. Whether teens want to evoke a feeling of red-carpet glam or portray a more understated, classic look, David's Bridal and After Hours formalwear have a variety of looks to suit all personalities for prom, quinceanera, and sweet sixteen.
* Celebrity Sizzle: Teen girls taking their cue from Hollywood "it-girls" like Jessica Simpson and Hilary Duff know that showing a little skin is in. Short party dresses and high-low hems on sleek A-line gowns show off shapely legs and allow fashion forward shoes like strappy sandals and glam peep-toes to shine. Plunging necklines and low backs also allow girls to feel glamorous on this special night. Guys exude the confidence of Diddy and Justin Timberlake by sporting bright vests and ties in shades of blue, green and yellow paired with a fashionable tux from Tommy Hilfiger or Claiborne, exclusively for After Hours.
|David's Bridal prom style BA1380 is a tea-length halter dress designed with a touch of lace and ribbon to accentuate the waist. Shown in Black/Bronze. $149|
|David's Bridal prom style 3635009 is a silky charmeuse gown with a goddess neckline, as well as ruching, beading and jewel detail. Shown in Steel. $149|
* Dress It Up With Details: This season dress details are mixed and many, allowing teens to personalize their party style with sequins, lace, beading and embroidery. For girls whose style tends to be on the sweet side, pick-up ballgowns, touches of lace and simple beading create the princess look. For girls looking for a more avant-garde party dress, sequins, more extensive beading and embroidery can all be combined onto one gown -- the more the better! Complete the look with an embellished handbag and a rhinestone and crystal comb to truly sparkle. Tuxedo detailing, while slightly more subtle, still plays an integral role in any young man's style. The stylish silhouette of the Claiborne Luxury Collection Shadow Stripe allows boys to add character in a subtle way, while longer length coats and accessories like hats and chains provide an opportunity for a more adventurous fashion statement.
* A Rainbow of Romantic Options: Whether looking for a style that is classic or modern, sweet or glam this season's color palette is loaded with options that allow couples to match, complement, and personalize their look. Girls who want a sophisticated style can dress in rich colors pulled straight from the runways, such as steel, wildfire and deep blue tones. For sweeter styles, dresses in the bright and pastel color palettes remain strong, featuring hues of lime, pink, yellow and turquoise. In addition, the perennial favorites black and white are mainstays for girls looking to achieve a timeless look. Guys can coordinate with their dates via a vast selection of vest and tie color options from After Hours, making it easy to find the ideal look for a perfect night. For finishing touches, girls can dye a classic clutch or pair of flirty shoes in colors to match or complement their dress.
* First-class Fabrics: Regardless of personality, every teen knows the quality and fabric of the dress can impact the silhouette significantly. This is why David's Bridal and After Hours Formalwear are proud to offer a high level of craftsmanship making each piece truly exquisite. Dresses in satin, charmeuse, jersey, mesh and novelty fabrics allow each girl's individuality to be reflected in her gown. Tuxedos in Loro Piana fabric give a soft touch and luxurious feel making it easy to dance the night away.
* Quinceanera and Sweet-16 Stay Traditional: Whether it's a sassy Quinceanera ballgown or a fun and flirty sweet-16 dress, every girl wants the perfect look for her celebration! Quince gown details include beautiful beaded lace bodices, and princess tulle skirts with lace appliques. A palette of pastels -- whites, pinks and blues -- provide a youthful look, allowing the birthday girl to express herself while remaining flirty and fun. A variety of necklines such as halter, strapless and spaghetti strap help her find a perfect fit. Of course, no Quince look is complete without the classic elbow length gloves and shining tiara to make every girl feel like a princess on her big day. Boys also understand their role in these milestone occasions and want to look their best. Classic tuxedos are available in black and white with vests and ties in a variety of pastel hues such as pinks, blues and greens, meant to enhance the look at any party.