Kitchen stove sparks fire in NW Bend home
Dec 06,2007 00:00 by Cheryl McDermott

Fire officials say a kitchen stove rangetop left on and unattended is the  most likely cause of a fire that damaged a home in northwest Bend, Oregon Wednesday night.

 
Location of fire: 314 NW Wall St. - Bend, Oregon
According to Bend Fire engineer Patricia Connolly, firefighters responded to an alarm at 314 NW Hill Street shortly before 9 p.m., December 5. 

Firefighters found the single-story home filled with smoke and soot, and said the kitchen stove ignited the overhead cabinets and other material around the stove. A water extinguisher was used to put out the fire, and no injuries were reported.

The home, owned by Travis Yamada and occupied by Alyssa Reischauer, sustained an estimated $15,000 in damages with an additional $10,000 in damage to the contents, Connolly said.  The structure, valued at $250,000, was insured, she added.