Dec 08,2006 00:00
There's nothing sweeter this holiday season than standing under the mistletoe and getting a big, sticky kiss, finding a few sparkly body jewels in your stocking or detecting the scent of candy canes wafting from the shower.
All these little beauty treats are a favorite way to treat yourself or someone else to a holiday filled with beautiful products designed to make us feel and look better.
- Philosophy always has some of the best holiday beauty confections every year, and this year's Candy Cane collection features a limited-edition striped suitcase full of peppermint-scented shower gel, body souffle and high-gloss lip shine. Another Philosophy gift guaranteed to be delicious: a holiday cookbook filled with shower gels in scents of eggnog, apple cider and double rich hot cocoa. Yummy. ( www.philosophy.com, Sephora, Nordstrom)
- Another tasty treat for gifting is Jaqua's collection of buttercream beauty products that are whipped up into luscious hand creams, silky powders, shea butter soaps and more. Another favorite from Jaqua: mint chocolate body butter, lip whip and shower syrup. A great way to spoil someone and not wreck their diet! ( www.jaquabeauty.com)
- Bath and Body Works is also a great place to find "mouthwatering" tempting gifts. You'll find scented beauty potions for everyone on your list: Pumpkin Pie Paradise, Cinnamon Bun Heaven, Spiced Apple Rapture, Pecan Passion, Crazy Caramel Corn, Twisted Peppermint, and Spicy Gingerbread. ( www.bathandbodyworks.com)
- For those trendy beauty buffs on your holiday gift list, think Smashbox Cosmetics. Created for the photographers and makeup artists who work at Smashbox Studios in Los Angeles, the company has created a "Mod Chic" collection for this holiday season featuring hip beauty products for the party season all packaged in black and white houndstooth prints - a swinging symbol of the 60s. ( www.smashbox.com, select Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, Ulta, Sephora)
- Trendsetters - especially teens - will love getting "Streekers" in their stockings. Streekers are temporary hair color kits available in 8 colors - including red and green - applied with a built-in sponge applicator. And yes, they do wash out just after one shampoo. ( www.colormarkpro.com)
- Stila has the ultimate in cosmetic gifts. This year, the cosmetic company collaborated with Hollywood stylist and renowned costume designer Arianne Phillips, to create a color palette of products in dramatic packaging. Phillips has worked with Madonna and also has been nominated for an Academy Award for her work on "Walk the Line." A limited edition kit includes an assortment of Stila's best-loved shades, together for the first time. ( www.stilacosmetics.com, Fred Segal, Barneys New York, select Bloomingdale's)
- Want a gift that will really pamper that special someone? Give them a miniretreat with a gift from Seboni, a collection of aromatherapy bath and body products inspired by the Cornish coast of England. With scents like "Citrus Grass," "Fistral Sea" and "Heligan Haze," you'll feel like you're at a spa. ( www.beautyexclusive.com) Another spa-inspired company, Zents, also has a great collection of handmade products using natural ingredients to soothe skin and pamper the senses with tranquil fragrances, too. ( www.zents.com)
- We all know olive oil is good for us, but Regis has the perfect way to use olive oil to restore your skin's natural moisture during the winter months with its new Olive Oil Body Wash. ( www.regissalons.com) Palmer's has also introduced an organic skincare line made with extra virgin olive oil, shea butter and vitamin E. (Food, drug and mass stores nationwide or www.etbrowne.com)
- Mineral makeup is all the rage in cosmetic circles today. For a holiday gift, LaurEss offers a special collection complete with snowflake body jewels, Gingersnap Star Light eye color and Snow On Roses cheek color plus glistening lip gloss in Peppermint Stick. ( www.LaurEss.com)
- A great idea for any woman on your list: QVC's red heart tweezers, housed in their own stylish compact with built-in magnifying mirror. ( www.qvc.com)
- And, just for kids, the "So Cozy" hair collection of products made just for kids and packaged in a clean, washable zippered pouch. It even comes with a lucky duck! Perfect for going to Grandma's for the holidays. ( www.socozy.com)
© Copley News Service