Jan 31,2007 00:00
Mountain View High School was evacuated yesterday afternoon when students and staff reported a suspicious chlorine-like odor that caused some persons respiratory distress, prompting the activation of a regional hazardous materials (hazmat) team, authorities said.
Although no one was transported to a medical facility, two persons received medical treatment on scene, the fire inspector reported.
“There is no health or safety hazard at this time to neighbors, staff or students of Mountain View High School”, Kettering said Tuesday evening, and Bend-La Pine communications manager Julianne Repman confirmed that classes were scheduled to be held as usual today.
The cause of the incident was still unknown late Tuesday evening, and Kettering says the investigation is continuing.
Agencies assisting at the scene included Bend Fire and Rescue, Redmond Fire and Rescue, Bend Police, the Department of Public Works, Pacific Power, and Cascade Natural Gas.