Prineville fugitive caught following high-speed pursuit, crash, foot-chase
Feb 02,2007 00:00 by Cheryl McDermott

A Prineville man wanted in connection with a residential burglary in Powell Butte led state, county, and city police officers on a high-speed chase at speeds near 100 mph before crashing through a fence and fleeing on foot — his second police pursuit in a week.

Last Friday night, William "Willie" Andrew Wilson, 23, ran from officers in a stolen vehicle, leading them on a high-speed chase from Powell Butte through BLM land, then abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot.  Law enforcement from four different agencies, including a K-9 unit from Redmond, was unable to locate the suspect who police considered armed and dangerous.

Prineville fugitive leads state, county, and city police officers on a high-speed chase before crashing through a fence and fleeing on foot – OSP photo. (Inset) William “Willie” Andrew Wilson - CCJ photo. 
About 10:30 a.m. Thursday Feb. 1, Madras police attempted to stop a white 1990 Subaru station wagon for a traffic violation, Oregon State Police reported.  The vehicle, with Wilson at the wheel, failed to stop and sped off southbound on Highway 97.  Oregon State Police (OSP) troopers assumed the lead in the pursuit, and speeds reached near 100 mph as the chase continued.

Deputies from Deschutes and Jefferson counties set up spike strips in the southbound lane of Highway 97 about one mile north of Terrebonne near milepost 114, but when Wilson approached the area about 10:48 a.m., he drove onto the right shoulder in an attempt to avoid them.  The vehicle’s left tires ran over the spikes, and the Subaru ran off the road, crashed through a fence, and rolled about 75 feet before coming to rest in a field.

Wilson and one passenger, 24-year old Sara Lindsay Jacobson of Prineville, got out of the Subaru and ran, but were taken into custody after a short foot chase, troopers said.

Another passenger, Jonathon Harold Thomas, 23, of Madras, stayed in the vehicle and was later transported to St. Charles Medical Center in Redmond for treatment of minor injuries.

Wilson was lodged in the Jefferson County Jail where he faces numerous charges including attempt to elude in a vehicle, attempt to elude on foot, and reckless driving.  He is also being held on Crook County warrants for second-degree burglary and for failing to appear on an earlier charge for attempting to elude an office; and also a Washington State warrant for attempt to elude. 

Jacobson was also booked into the Jefferson County Jail for possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine).