Electrical malfunction cause of Deschutes courthouse fire
Feb 05,2007 00:00 by Cheryl McDermott

An electrical fire in the elevator control room of the Deschutes County courthouse Sunday evening caused about $10,000 in damage, said Bend Fire Captain Steve O’Malley.

 

Deschutes County courthouse  

One engine company and five firefighters responding to the scene at 1100 NW Bond Street shortly before 7 p.m. found the sprinkler system had activated and extinguished the fire, the captain said.

The damage was limited to the electronic system for the elevator controls, O’Malley said, adding that the floor drain protected the basement from water damage.

Court proceedings on Monday were reportedly cancelled over concerns about air quality.