Jun 21,2006 00:00
Bend Weekly News Sources
The Deschutes County Road Department announced today that on Wednesday, July 5th, construction will start on the widening and realignment of Huntington Road and 1st Street.
The project consists of the following:
1. Widen Huntington Rd with a left turn lane and extending the bicycle lane along the west side.
2. Replace sidewalks around the Medical Center and the Public Library.
3. Install sidewalks around the block at Ace Hardware and the Fire Department.
4. Widen 1st St with a left turn lane and bicycle lanes.
5. Install a new traffic signal with pedestrian crossings at the intersection.
6. Install storm drains and retention area.
Utility relocation is underway with road construction scheduled to start July 5th. Access will be maintained to all businesses and properties but traffic can expect delays of up to 20 minutes. Construction is scheduled to be completed by September 30, 2006.
Periodical road closures will occur during night paving from 7 P.M. • 6 A.M. Detours will be provided.
Questions and comment can be directed to Torina Wilson 322-7111 (w) or 410-3094 (c).