Bend Man Ignites Garage on Fire with Heat Gun
Jul 06,2006 00:00 by Bend Weekly News Sources

A tenant accidentally started a fire to his detached garage when he was heating resin-impregnated fiberglass in a cardboard box with a heat gun.

According to Captain Chuck Goss of the Bend Fire Department, when units responded to the alarm at 19242 Indian Summer Road about 5:30 pm on July 5th, they found that Michael Seeley had already extinguished the fire with a garden hose -- but not before causing an estimated $11,000 in damage to the structure and contents.

Fire personnel overhauled the garage and checked the attic space to ensure that the blaze was completely out.

“The fire department would like to use this opportunity to remind you to use caution when working with high temperature equipment,” said Goss.