HazMat team responds to Bend dental office
Jun 12,2007 00:00 by Bend_Weekly_News_Sources

Bend Fire personnel, Redmond HazMat team members, and a utility crew responded to a possible hazardous materials incident at a local dental office on Saturday when occupants reported headaches and difficulty in breathing, officials reported.

The report of a natural gas odor at the Willamette Dental Group located at 62968 O.B. Riley Road was received just after 8:20 a.m., according to a news release issued by Bend Fire Battalion Chief Dave Howe.

Fire personnel monitored the building for gas and found nothing, then called in the HazMat team who set up an entry and monitored with specialized equipment.  They, too, found nothing.

A crew with Cascade Natural Gas also probed, without success, outside of the building for gas leaks in the ground, Howe said.

“The area was safely and thorough searched,” Howe wrote.  “We found no source of gas odor.”