Pilot Butte fireworks limits access
Jul 02,2007 00:00
This year’s 4th of July celebration will conclude with the biggest public fireworks display in Oregon starting at approximately 10 p.m. on Wednesday July 4, 2007. Safety and security for these types of displays is very important. The Oregon State Parks Department and the Bend Fire Department remind everyone of the following restrictions to Pilot Butte State Park from July 1 through July 5:
- The access road to the summit is closed to all vehicle traffic as of noon July 1st.
- All the trails and roadways will be accessible to hikers July 1st and 2nd for the majority of the Butte but not the summit.
- All access to the summit will be closed noon on July 1st through the afternoon of July 5th.
- All access to the Butte will be closed on July 4th. Trails and roadways will be closed to all vehicle and pedestrian traffic.
- Signs and fences will be placed at the closure points on the Butte, please respect the closed areas as there will be people at the top setting up the display. Visitors will not be allowed into the closed areas at any time.
- The butte will re-open for all visitors the afternoon of July 5th after the display has been cleaned up.
The reason for this closure is to allow plenty of time to set up this year’s display. The closure is in effect for everyone’s safety and includes the summit road and all hiking trails at the top of the Butte.