Kitchen fire causes $20,000 to Local Restaurant
Sep 22,2006 00:00 by Bend Weekly News Sources

A small appliance malfunction near a food preparation table caused $20,000 in damage to a local restaurant Thursday, authorities said.

The manager of McGrath’s Fish House called the fire department about 8 a.m. September 21 when he noticed a strong odor of smoke.  One engine company with six firefighters responded to 3118 North Highway 97 and searched the area for fire and fire extension, but none was found.

According to Fire Inspector T.J. Johannsen, what she called a “non-emergent out fire” was unintentional and no injuries were reported.

Damages were estimated at $10,000 to the building and $10,000 to the contents, she added.