Boy nearly dies tangled in decoration
Oct 25,2007 00:00 by UPI

TAMPA, Fla. -- A 6-year-old Tampa, Fla., boy narrowly escaped death after being choked by a decorative nylon Halloween spider web hanging in his home.

Cade Hampton was unable to breathe Wednesday with strands of nylon around his neck when he was found by his parents, WKMG-TV, Orlando (Fla.) reported Thursday.

"His little face -- I saw it around his neck and his face is completely reddish purple," his mother, Dawn Hampton, told the broadcaster.

The nylon had tightened so that neither parent could get a finger beneath it, so they cut it away with scissors, Hampton said.

They boy suffered a bruised neck but no other serious injuries, the report said.

Afterward, the boy said he had been wrapping the web around his shoulders and it somehow slipped around his neck.

Copyright © 2007, by United Press International. All Rights Reserved.